Northern Economic Leaders (NEL) is an apolitical business leaders’ network that supports growth in northern Adelaide both socially and economically. NEL provides a forum for leaders to share their collective knowledge, influence government policy and bring together firms to make northern Adelaide the best place in South Australia to run a business.
Operating as a group since 2017 this group has now formalised its operations to be a not for profit incorporated association, operating regionally across northern Adelaide. This follows strong interest in having stronger business leadership in northern Adelaide and with the development of the Northern Economic Plan and a cross-government focus on northern Adelaide, there was a strong push from business to formalize.
Our customers and alliances are all Businesses and Entrepreneurial initiatives in the Northern suburbs of Adelaide (namely North of Grand Junction Road).
The sectors of interest and of focus of our support are:
- Human Services (Health, Ageing, Disability and alike)
- Food, Agriculture & beverage
- Small Businesses in any sector
- Big Business with more than 100 employees
- Innovative enterprises
- Defence industry and allied partners
- Representative voice for business and industry in northern Adelaide
- Our customers and alliances are all business and entrepreneurial initiatives in the northern suburbs of Adelaide
- Bringing together stakeholder businesses, community, local state and federal governments as agents of change
Our Drivers for Success
- NEL delivers a compelling regional narrative about the economic value present and future
- Facilitation and encouraging ‘thought leadership’
- Facilitation of the opportunities presented by innovation in thinking, technologies, industries and digital advancement
- Provide effective advocacy on behalf of the regional business community
Our support is directed toward “Leaders and Aspiring leaders” in the Northern Economic Region.